Thursday, February 11, 2010

From The King of the World

Written unknown
Author: Parrish Ravelli

------------------


I think about death often,
Though not so much about when I will die

Or why.
I more think about how it will happen.

I feel like we all imagine our deaths
To be poetic, as kings and queens.

That stories will be written,
Stories that will be read,

Even taught.
That, through our deaths,

The world will come together
And mend itself.

Religion will separate us,
While culture will bring us together

And confidence in the global economy
Will parallel the confidence

That we all will have
In each other.

I think about these things
When I think of you.

Because if I must leave,
This is the world I want left to you.

Just make sure there are laughs
And smiles all the same,

When this world turns to you
To take over it’s reign.

No comments:

Post a Comment